Tuesday, September 11, 2012

completed

This past weekend, a good friend of mine (Gary Fowler) and myself completed an Ironman triathlon.  (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run)  I can't put into words how grueling this race really is.  It is truly a battle of the mind and body.  You have to push yourself far beyond comfort and through several different levels of constant punishing pain.  There are points when you feel like the race will never end and your mental toughness has to be strong or this race will break you.  But....when you cross that finish line...I can't explain the sense of accomplishment.  I almost started crying out of sheer emotional and physical exhaustion.  To know that when you pushed yourself to your physical limits, you prevailed.  I praise God for the strength to accomplish this.  To Him be all the glory!

No comments: