Tuesday, August 30, 2011

hero or zero

Last night I was playing in the outfield in our softball game. We are up by 2 runs, with 2 outs in the last inning. One more out and we win the game. The batter hits a bloop over the infield and I take off running as fast as I can to get to it. I have a decision to make. Do I go for the catch and win the game? Or do I slow up and catch in on the bounce? If I go with the latter we would be tied and could still lose. I decided in that split second to go for it. I'm running as fast as I can and extend my glove as far as I can. The ball hits the end of my glove.......and falls out...ZERO. Bummer. We lose. I've been on both sides of that coin, but yesterday, I lost. Man I hate losing. But in the next game, I would give anything to be in that same situation. I guess that is the competitor in me. It's not just about how you win, but how you let losing affect you. For me..this loss will drive me forward.

No comments: