Tuesday, January 4, 2011

offense

Why do we get offended? Personally, when I feel attacked or take offense to something that was said or done, the first thing I look at is ME. Why did that offend me? It offended me b/c I have a piece of my "flesh" (carnal / sinful nature) for the offense to grasp onto. If I am totally "hidden" in Christ, then there is no offense. In fact, I can tell how spiritually mature someone is, by how much it takes to offend them. I'm having a dialog with another maturing believer right now, about a point of tension that could easily lead to offense on my part or his. But, because Jesus is bigger in both of us, we can have a discussion in love without being offended. How refreshing! Honestly, we probably won't agree, but we can agree to disagree, agreeably. So put your "flesh" to death and lose the offense!.....sorry if I offended you...lol

No comments: