Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Good losers

Last night we had a Buckeye Bash at C3 Church and we had some serious "cornhole - bean bag toss" going on. Everything was going great. The first play of the game Teddy Gin runs it back for a TD and life was good. But then I'm really not sure what happened. The Buckeyes played their worst game this year, while the gators had their greatest game of the century! That definetely can take some spunk out of the party. But when the game was over and the interviews began, I was thoroughly impressed with how Coach Tressel and his players handled the loss. No excuses! Florida outplayed us. In a time where everyone wants to blame someone else for their failure, QB Troy Smith said, "I didn't execute well tonight, it's my fault." That is true leadership. So Jim Tressel may not have won a championship last night, but I think all his investment in those players as "men" shone very brightly.

No comments: