Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wealth Conundrum


Reading the book "Wealth Conundrum" by Ralph Doudera and having my eyes opened even farther as it pertains to money and stewardship. Stewardship means - all of what I own belongs to God, and I'm just managing His stuff. I want to think of all that I have as "on-loan" from God. This book challenged my thoughts on permanent and temporary assets. Permanent assets are those that are given to God, while temporary assets are my bank, retirement accounts, etc. I guess the big overall thought was the fact that we squabble over giving a cup of water, while standing at the bottom of Niagara Falls. God owns it all, and He blesses those who take risks (at least in our little minds) to give toward His Kingdom. I'm now challenged to tithe more than 10% and give more spontaneously to those in need. I never want money to have a grip on my life.

No comments: